At Wetter & Convertini, our business is to know and understand your financial situation. We offer services beyond compliance and combine our experience, expertise and knowledge to add value as a trusted advisor to your financial situation.
We offer the following consulting services:
Every organization can benefit from being introspective, skeptical and analytical regarding their finances. We work with organizations to develop the predictive capabilities necessary to adapt to rapid changes and outperform their peers. Specifically, we can help you with:
- Driving growth from new markets and opportunities.
- Enhance cash management through working capital optimization and better capital allocation.
- Improve finance operations by focusing on operational effectiveness, financial analytics as well as budgeting and forecasting.
- Enable efficient regulatory compliance.
- Effectively manage risk by identifying sources and improvements to mitigate high risk areas.
- Marital dissolution
- Partner or shareholder dissolution
- Economic damages
- Purchase price allocation
- Asset impairment testing
- Intellectual property valuations
- Buy and sell agreements
- Purchases or sale of a business
- General business planning
Bankruptcy and Insolvency Services
Wetter & Convertini provides financial advisory services to Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustees, debtors, unsecured creditors and estate fiduciaries. We can aid you in include formal insolvency proceedings, out of court corporate wind-downs, reorganizations and liquidations. Details of the various services our bankruptcy and insolvency group offers are detailed below:
- Facilitate electronic records retrieval.
- Identify hidden assets.
- Assist with asset sales.
- Assist with document requests.
- Perform claims, insolvency and fraudulent transfer analyses.
- Prepare required tax returns.
- Provide expert testimony.
- Assist with the software set-up to segregate pre- and post-petition activity.
- Bankruptcy schedule preparation.
- Prepare cash flows and budget to actual analysis.
- Perform claims analyses.
- Provide guidance to development of a viable reorganization plan.
- Prepare required tax returns.
- Assess the reasonableness of cash flows
- Analyze budgets to actuals.
- Perform preference analyses.
- Investigate insider transactions.
- Search for fraudulent transfers and asset misappropriations.
- Analyze solvency.
- Prepare reports and provide expert testimony.
- Assist with the sale of hard assets.
- Assist with negotiating private sales of intangibles.
- Develop causes of action to recover assets.
- Distribute estate assets to creditors on the basis of priority ranking.
Fraud is an ever present and growing problem for business organizations. It can go undetected for years and is often committed by “trusted” employees. Fraud impacts nearly every organization regardless of size and the costs can be substantial.
At Wetter & Convertini, our forensic accounting team is comprised of highly trained Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE’s). We believe the best way to deal with fraud is to prevent it. Our approach goes beyond looking at the numbers to analyze and interpret them and understand the story they tell. We assess and protect organizations from fraud through a rigorous step by step approach as follows:
- Evaluate your organization’s overall fraud risk.
- Identify possible fraud schemes with an eye toward industry specific criteria.
- Rate any recognized schemes and analyze risk tolerance.
- Develop policies, procedures and strategies to mitigate the fraud.
- Implement and test detection and prevention against future fraud.
We combine personal attention and access with the highest levels of technical expertise and specialized knowledge. Timely communication and responsiveness are hallmarks of our client relationships. All of these attributes support our objective of helping you reach your financial goals.
We pursue excellence by staying on top of current developments and technologies. We stay abreast of industry issues and observe the marketplace so we can analyze provide service and advice tailored to your specific needs and goals. We use our experience and resources to develop industry insights and specialized skills that allow us to bring maximum value to your projects. Together all of these factors allow us deliver superior service and act as a trusted business advisor.
A detailed listing of the services we provide is set out below. Take a look at what we have to offer and how we can help you or your business.
Virtual or outsource CFO services can provide small and medium sized businesses with an alternative to a traditional full-time CFO. Most small and medium size businesses need the skill set of an experienced CFO, but often only at critical junctures such as during an acquisition or only part-time. Unfortunately, the cost of hiring a traditional full-time in-house CFO is too much compared to the value created. Virtual or outsourced CFO services are an alternative that provide the best of both worlds.
Virtual or outsourced CFOs can provide all the same services as traditional CFOs with the added benefit of increased flexibility and decreased cost. If you need CFO level talent, but only part-time such as one day per week, one week per month or on a project basis consider engaging a virtual or outsourced CFO.
Here are just a sample of the services that virtual and outsourced CFOs can provide.
- Financial Analysis and Operational Results Analysis – Finding trends, ways to operate more efficiently, and tracking key performance indicators to assist in future decision-making.
- Improve Profitability – Assess operations for process inefficiencies such as excesses in labor, materials or misallocation of resources that may be costing your company money.
- Strategic Planning – Identify and quantify the important factors that will affect your future growth and success.
- Forecasting and Budgeting – Create a new forecast or budget process or improve your existing one; a virtual CFO can help you formulate plans that is accurate and reliable.
- Cash Flow Projections – Always know your cash position in the future so you can keep your lenders and vendors happy as well as prepare for expansions, downturns, major repairs or fixed asset acquisitions.
- Organizational Structure – Create the optimal organization structure so your business or a certain department operates like a well-oiled machine.
- Financial Staff – While you have a staff that handles the day to day financial transactions you need to focus on other aspects of the business rather than spending time managing the accounting function. An outsourced CFO can manage and train these staff members on or off-site.
- Acquisitions – Understand if an acquisition makes financial sense, understand the valuations involved or plan for the on-boarding and integration.
Visit our set of Financial Calculators for quick answers on topics such as your IRA, investments, your child’s college tuition, and your mortgage or credit card calculations.